Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Hot Town Summer in the City


An assignment today for an upcoming City Paper feature on the Pittsburgh music sensation sweeping the nation, otherwise known as GIRLTALK, aka Greg Gillis (who I last shot a couple of years ago when he had short hair and a "corporate job," which he has now been able to quit because of being, like, famous and shit.)
We had a very refreshing and successful shoot. Now, normally, I'm not one who needs much prompting to hop into the swim, but I was a bit concerned about my camera getting wet. We managed to pull it off and even prevented Greg's laptop (which will appear in the "real" photo in the paper) from getting wet....and we DID have it in the pool with us. 
You'll have to tune into August issues of City Paper to see the end result. Greg will be playing Lollapalooza in Chicago on my birthday, August 1, so I may just have to go out there and shoot his ass live.

Fer yerself, check out Greg's snorkeltastic grooves at http://www.myspace.com/girltalk where you can "pay what you want" to get his new release "Feed the Animals."

No comments: